Sunday, May 11, 2014

Fresh Start Challenge Day 7: Family



I am the youngest of two girls. My parents figured that no more was needed after me, perfection and all that.

My sister and me grew up like normal siblings, fighting and stealing each other's favorite toys. The best memories I have of her growing up was her kicking me in the face (thanks for the bloody nose and lip!) I think I may have been tickling her feet or something; The other one was when she had made me mad so I chased her around beating her with a yearbook. As the years went by and circumstances happened that were beyond our control, we grew so far apart. However, now we are close again.

During my high school years, I met a girl that I never knew would be around to this day. She is my best friend, my out of order partner in crime, and my non blood sister. She has been there for me through everything. Yes, there have been times where we didn't talk either because we had lost contact or we were angry at each other for silly things. 9 years. That isn't a number that most high school friends see.

My grandma is a brave woman, raising 4 boys and then having to deal with their kids? Lord I don't know how she is sane. I don't really speak much to her since she moved out to California and I miss her like crazy. She was the one who had "the talk" with me when I came of age. She gave me books to read on it and told me to not let my parents find them.

My ex boyfriend turned best guy friend/brother deserves mentioning as well. His best memory comes from when he pulled a knife on my boyfriend at the time. I was so furious but looking back on it, I wish no one would have stopped him. He would never have hurt me but he would have physically moved me out of the way, even if he is shorter than me (hahaha oompa loompa!)

This girl has been a friend of mine for a couple years. At first she hated me because of Mr. Conehead (hee hee) but after getting past his lies and crap, we became fast friends. She is so sweet and soft spoken unless you mess with the people she cares for, then she will either hit you or cuss you out. My favorite memory of her would definitely have to be the sea turtle. She'll understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment